2/10/2008

Fifth-Week In-Meeting Prompt

Here's the prompt we worked on fifth week:

"You've just received bad news. Show your reaction to the news by describing your surroundings with concrete details. One object in particular catches your attention, and reminds you of a memory. Describe this memory concretely. When you emerge from the memory, your experience colors the way you interact with the object you noticed earlier, as well as letting you deal with the news in a different way. Describe emerging from the memory and reacting to the news, again choosing concrete details."

Sorry this was late guys. Hope you enjoy!
(remember you're always free to workshop pieces that are entirely unrelated to the prompts- the prompts are just there to give the creative juices a buzz).

1 comment:

lisbeth said...

That is a deeply specific prompt! I'm sorry I missed it - I'd be really interested to hear what came out of it, especially as an on the spot job.

At the same time, I think it would have stopped up my brain in terror because it's so precise. I feel much more comfortable with the really vague ones - like "chocolate" or "she scowled at her glass of orange juice."

Hmm. Now that I've admitted it's intimidating, I'm going to have to try doing it, aren't I?